Tools of the trade.. Books I’m reading to inspire and help structure my story (Oh yeah-that’s my bike helmet and doggie biscuits in the background..the essentials)
BOOKS TO INSPIRE
- ‘Tinkers’ – Fiction Novel By Paul Harding
- ‘Brokeback Mountain’ Short Story By Annie Proulx. My absolute favorite short story. But I mostly have it near me to remind me that I need to make every word count- short or long story writing.
- ‘Stephen King on Writing’ – By Mr. King himself. Not only helping with my writing but a small look at the man behind his most famous novels. Surprising and VERY interesting.
- ‘The Writers Journey 3rd Edition’– By Christopher Vogler. The last thing I want is for my story to be too formulaic but since I’m new at this I need help with structure and for me this book has been AWESOME to read. I’m also a big movie/ film buff. This book uses both mediums to help you identify story structure and character rolls. Thank you Mr. Vogler and of course Joseph Campbell!!!
- ‘The First Five Pages’– By Noah Lukeman Although this is more for once I finish or as I edit my novel, its still a great read as you prepare.