I was asked to be a guest writer on The Life of Riley, a fantastic New York driven blog that covers the literature and arts community of the city. Here’s a great peek at the article.
New York City is a hotbed continually producing world renown and influential writers; it is clear it’s the environment conducive to attaining resources to those who seek them out. So, over the last six months I decided to retool my artistic process strategy for better effectiveness. By doing so I’ve been able to meet inspirational people, find stimulating places write, share my work and participate in writing groups. Wondering how I manged to completely overhaul my situation?It was exceedingly simple; I gave myself time to actually see what was right in front of me.
Once I started looking for opportunities finding them became easier….For the full article go to The Life of Riley
Quick Links To NYC Writer Resources (Click Below)
A month long of research, calling and visiting places- Take advantage of it! From one fellow writer to another. Hope it helps!
- Writing Coalitions and Organizations
- FREE & Low Cost Creative Writing Workshops Offered Around the City
- New York Book & Literature Festivals
- Places That Offer Open Mic and Poetry Jams
- Places to Meet NYC Writers
- Membership Groups for Networking and Writer Support
- Top Universities and Colleges Offering MFA’s in Creative Writing
- Best Places to Write in NYC